Reliable Methods of Mathematical Modeling
6-7-8 July 2011, Lausanne, EPFL, Switzerland
Aim and ScopeThe Workshop is organized to bring together specialists developing mathematical and computational methods intended to increase the reliability of the numerical results obtained in various mathematical modeling methods. Three previous workshops were organized by the
- University of Jyvaskyla (2003),
- University of Zurich (2005),
- Steklov Institute of Mathematics in St.-Petersburg (2007)
- Department of Mathematics Humboldt University of Berlin (2009)
- mesh-adaptive numerical methods in various applied problems,
- a posteriori error control and verification of numerical solutions,
- validation of mathematical models used in computer simulation,
- nonlinear computational partial differential equations.
Program CommitteeD. Braess, C. Carstensen, R. Hoppe, P. Neittaanmaki, M. Picasso, J. Rappaz, S. Repin, S. Sauter, R. Verfürth.
Organizing CommitteeM. Picasso, J. Rappaz.
|April 1, 2011||deadline for submission of abstracts|
|May 1, 2011||confirmation of acceptance|
|July 6, 2011||conference start|
|July 8, 2011||conference end|
Conference Fees and RegistrationThere is no conference fees, however, registration is mandatory (you can submit your abstract during registration).
We will possibly help young researchers asking for financial support.
SponsorsThe conference is hosted by the Centre Interfacultaire Bernoulli. Financial support from MATHICSE and the SB faculty is acknowledged.
Conference ExcursionA cellar visit is planned on thursday afternoon. There is no extra cost for this excursion.
Conference DinnerThe conference dinner will be on thursday evening. A contribution of 50 Euros (70CHF) will be asked during the conference for the dinner.
AccommodationPlease manage yourself your accomodation. Here is a Hotel list with special prices for the conference. Hotel list.
How to find EPFL